HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

Happy Thanksgiving ya'll! I know some of you guys who support my blog aren't Canadian, but we're celebrating Turkey day here in TO. Just so many of you know, my blog is more than just some website where I post a bunch of mindless nonsense. This, along with my Myspace and Facebook is essentially my portal for you guys to get to know me on a more intimate basis. I love getting to know people from a different array of backgrounds and cultures. So please never hesitate to drop a comment or a hello :).



Ultimately, I know the question for this particular day is "what are you thankful for?"

I'm thankful for God being present within my life. Throughout the past year I've gone through my share of sour situations. Without the lord in my life, I would have never found sanity or salvation. As I've said before, humans are fallible; you lose yourself trying to find some sort of peace in materialistic things or a sense of self in another individual, but you'll always find yourself losing your life to Christ. God has brought many bright individuals into my life and eliminated many as well. Though I've gone through my share of pain and heartache, I feel like every situation, good or bad has allowed me to learn and grow as a person. To say I have not experienced a sense of sadness at times would be a complete lie, though I have yet to leave a situation with feelings of resentment in my heart, because of the knowledge I take with me. Like my favorite saying goes, "people in your life are seasons, and everything that happens is for a reason" and like my aunt says "god never closes a door without opening a window".

Love God, love yourself before you love another, be grateful for the life you live, love your family, pray for those who need it. Love is patient, love is kind.

Te amo y tu sabes,
Gillian

PS. That was my lame attempt to speak Spanish :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment