Alicia Keys "The Element of Freedom"

I've had this album on repeat ever since I downloaded it. Most of the songs on this album are oriented towards issues of the heart [like alot of R&B] is. "Through it all" is an uplifting tracks that talks about unconditional love whereas "Empire State of Mind" [Part 2 not featuring Jay-Z] immerses the listener into a New York concrete jungle describing the streets and the people who inhabit them. Tracks like "This Bed" and "Put it in a Love Song" ft Beyonce show Alicia's more spicier side with catchy fast paced beats and a notion to get up and dance. Honestly I don't purchase a lot of the albums I listen to, but this is one of many few I would encourage my readers to go out and buy.

Alicia Keys blows me away every time I play her in my speakers. Truly an inspiring young woman... a great role model for young girls all over the world. Peep her performance in Richard & Son Theater in TriBeCa performing "Empire State of Mind PT2".

0 comments:

Post a Comment